Thursday, January 26, 2012

Tofu Fajitas

The other night I made the lentil quinoa loaf which was quite a process.  So last night I wanted something quick, easy, and delicious.  We love fajitas.  Obviously, I am a new blogger and don't quite got the hang of it down therefore you will have to use your imagination because I forgot to take a picture.  My pictures don't come out so great anyway.

Tofu Fajitas:
1 red, yellow, and green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
1 19oz pkg. firm tofu (drained and pressed dry)
1/2 cup salsa
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil (or any kind)
salt and pepper to taste
tortillas
cheese
sour cream
avocado

In a large pan add 1 T olive oil and crumble the tofu into it. Saute for about 15 min.  Add taco seasoning and salt and pepper. We like our tofu to get nice and brown, make sure to stir so it doesn't stick and burn to the bottom.  In a different large pan add the other tablespoon of oil and the sliced onions and pepper.  Saute those until soft. Mix the peppers/onions with the tofu crumbles and add salsa and additional salt and pepper if needed.  Serve on a warm tortilla with cheese, sour cream, and avocado.

The verdict: My husband said, "is this meatless? It's really good." Really, really, did he just say that! I was so happy he liked it.  My 9yr. old wouldn't come to the table because she said she knew it was t-o-f-u. lol.  She eventually gave in, tried it, and liked it.  My 7 yr. old ate it with cheese and sour cream but no veggies and liked it and of course my 4 yr. old wouldn't even try it (he doesn't like tortillas). Such a fast and easy dinner and super delicious and nutritious.

No comments:

Post a Comment