Thursday, January 19, 2012

Fruit and Yogurt snack/Smoothies

My 4 yr. old doesn't eat vegetables at least none that he knows of.  He usually gets his daily dose of a green vegetable through a big glass of green smoothie.  He loves fruit so today for lunch he ate a big bowl of blackberries, cuties, and bananas with strawberry yogurt.  Now his little body is filled with good stuff and he ate way more fruit than he would normally have.  So I don't have a picture of a green smoothie but you can picture it I'm sure.  It is vividly green liquid.  My boys favorite green smoothie recipe:

1 banana
1 cup frozen fruit (any variety) we use the kind from Costco with mango, pineapple, papaya.
1-2 cups milk (I like rice milk or soy milk)
2 cups spinach
1 T honey

Blend and enjoy.

My daughters favorite green smoothie recipe:
1 banana
1 cup milk
1 cup spinach
6 ice cubes
1 T peanut butter
1/4 cup oats
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons cocoa
1 T honey

Veggie Monster's favorite green smoothie:
1 cup Dark chocolate almond milk
1 T natural peanut butter
1 t cocoa powder
6 ice cubes
1 banana
1 cup spinach


No comments:

Post a Comment