Monday, January 16, 2012

Intro

Welcome to my blog. My name is Debbie, aka the veggie monster. I am a mother to 4 young rambunctious children. (2 boys, 2 girls) I have a great husband and a great circle of friends. I have a passion for working out and eating healthy. My whole life I have wanted to be a vegetarian but it has always been so hard since it is not the social norm. Then I became a wife and a mother and my goal of becoming a vegetarian seemed even further away. Steve, my husband, loves meat and so do my kids. Just talking about vegetables makes them wrinkle up their noses. So I made everyone happy by providing them with food they liked. Well, along the way I have been learning more about health and the benefits of eating a plant-based diet along with real food (non-processed food). Along the way I have taken baby-steps in changing the way my family ate. Through this blog I hope to show others how they also can start eating and feeling healthier. I now eat a 90% vegan diet but still provide my family with dairy and eggs. They are still transitioning to this new lifestyle. Follow along with me on this wonderful journey to better health.

No comments:

Post a Comment