Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

Feeling a little chocolate craving coming on? I have one at least once a day.  But everybody who knows me knows I love a healthy cookie recipe.  This time I came up with this recipe all on my own.   I added a little of this and a little of that and a yummy healthy cookie recipe was invented.  The kids and the hubs all gave it a thumbs up.

2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Cup Oats
2 Chia/Flax eggs (2 T chia/flax mixed with 6 T warm water)
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 T cocoa powder
1/2 agave
2 T honey
1 cup chocolate chips (ok, so these are not that healthy but they make healthy cookies taste great)

My friend gave me a bag of chia and flax that she blended in her blendtec and that's what I used for my chia/flax eggs.  I am sure that if you had just chia or just flax, it would also work.

So the first thing you do is mix the "eggs" with the agave and honey.  Next you add your almond flour, oats, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.  Throw in the chocolate chips and stir.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop spoonfuls of dough.  Cook at 375 for 13 minutes.  Makes 12 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment